2018 Rio Duck Derby Begins Friday 9/7!
DUCK DERBY DETAILS
- Rio Duck Derby sales starts Friday, Sept. 7 and ends Thursday, Sept. 27 at 3pm
- Through student sales and online donations sell 3,000 raffle rubber ducks for $10.
- Order forms will be handed out in 5th period on Friday, Sept. 7(also available in Attendance office, Daily Duck Table and OneRio.org/DuckDerby)
- No ducks will change hands. Raffle #’s will be assigned to duck purchase.
- All forms and money will be turned into Attendance office or at Daily Duck Table.
- Starting 9/7 ducks can be adopted online through the Rio Americano website: https://squareup.com/market/rio-americano-hs-ptsa and OneRio.org/DuckDerby
- Rio Duck Derby raffle will take place Friday, September 28 at lunch at the Rio pool.
- Class that sells the most ducks wins $1,000, their Duck Dunker jumping into pool to retrieve winning ducks and Title Belt.
- Winning class has their Duck Dunker choose winning ducks.
- Freshmen: Principal Ginter
- Sophomores: Jennifer Smiley, PE Teacher
- Juniors: Carley Nava, Health Teacher
- Seniors: Sammie Stroughter, Football Coach/Campus Monitor
- Two ducks will win $500
- 25 ducks will win $100
- Students who sold winning ducks will receive a Duck Derby T-shirt.
- Winners will be notified via email and posted on OneRio.org/DuckDerby.
- The Duck Derby Celebration will be Friday, September 28 with an hour-long lunch with DJ music by Rio senior Jesse, BBQ hamburger and hot dog meals, and desserts for sale.
- Top 20 sellers will get their food for free at the Duck Derby Celebration, Duck Derby T-shirt, and gift card.
- Three winners of Starbucks, iTunes, Chipotle, Crazy for Yogurt, and other gift cards plus Duck Derby T-shirts will be chosen in a weekly raffle from people who have turned in order forms and money plus Top 3 sellers.
- Any questions please contact Kelli Wheeler at OneRioAmericano@gmail.com